Monday, December 20, 2010

Tip 3

Ok you guys know me by now. If I say I'll post later in the day, that probably means that I'll post tomorrow (or next month) lol. Yesterday, I went to Zumba at the gym, and also got in 45 minutes of shooting hoops beforehand. While shooting around, I was challenged to a game of one-on-one by an older gentleman who was also waiting for Zumba. He was pretty fierce competition, I have to admit. I won, but he gave me a run for my money.

Anyway, after that, I went to Zumba, taught by one of Facebook friends. I have to say, her class was intense. By the time it was over, I was wiped. Afterwards, I went home, ate lunch (spaghetti and tofu), and one of my girls hit me up to go watch some football and play pool at a local restaurant. Since I already had lunch, I just had a couple of r&ds (100 calories each), then went to a cookie party, where I had to judge. Dun dun dun!!!

But actually, it was all good, because I had planned ahead. Plus, the hostess was so kind as to give us knives to cut off only a portion to sample each cookie. Since I'm allergic to nuts, my selection was cut in half anyway, so I had the teeniest bit of about 6 cookies. When I was done, I went back and got two of my favorite cookies. It was practically impossible to keep track of these calories, but I must have done a good job, because I woke up this morning 1.5 pounds lighter.

So anyway, back to my tips. Here's a new one for you. I'll write more later.

Tip 3. Beware of the false bottoms.

Back when I started my weight loss journey, a little over a year ago, I weighed 224 pounds. Every time I tried to lose weight, I'd reach 214, and that's as far as I'd go. We filmed a movie back in 2007 and I was about 206 or 207 pounds. I'd dream for the day that I could be back there again. I thought I'd never in life be under 200 again, unless I was "lucky" enough to catch the flu. Once I hit 199, I thought I'd made it. But 190 feels much better than 199, and I'm sure 139 will feel even better.

Today, my size 12 jeans are starting to get that familiar baggy feeling. Hopefully I'll be in a size 10 soon. I'll be back later with another tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment