Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Year Later...

I miss you guys!!!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I posted. One crazy, drama-filled year, that I can't possibly even attempt to recap in one blog post. Just like I let the blog fall by the wayside, I did the same with my workouts. Don't get me wrong, I got a few in here and there, maybe 50 over the course of 2011...but it was NOTHING like the progress I had in 2010. I figured, if I want to get my body back and then some, the first step (er...third step), is picking the blog back up.

In February 2011, I was hovering right around the 190 mark, which is pretty much where I was in December of 2010. Yes, it sounds like a lot. But I looked great. Didn't know it at the time, because like Joni Mitchell said, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." While I was whining and complaining about being so heavy, I didn't notice the positives...how good I looked in dresses, how healthy I had become, etc. This time around, I will look for the positives.

That being said, let's start with the good news. I am on a new system, whereby I randomize my dieting and workouts daily, through a website called classtools.net. The tool is called "Fruit Picker," and you can put a list of different things on a virtual slot machine that it spins for you. My attention span is not the best, and I get bored with workouts if results aren't coming fast enough, so this helps me out. It's exciting, shiny, and new!

So far, my diet options are Slim Fast, Weight Watchers (both self-explanatory), LoseIt (I think I mentioned in a previous blog), and BodyBugg (this tool they use on Biggest Loser to count how many calories your body burns...they also have a diet app online). My workout options are more lengthy, and include Dance Central, elliptical, Zumba, bike, etc. In February, I'll give myself the option to add an off day, and probably in March or April, I'll add kettlebells. I heard those were great. I lost four pounds this week from the randomizing thing.

Time for the bad news. I am currently at 209 (down from 213 on Monday, heaviest I've been since 2009). But it's coming off, slowly but surely. I know the weight is gonna start flying off in March, when my stress starts easing up, but until then, baby steps :)

I'll post again when I can. You know how I am lol. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment