Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 3

The title is actually kind of a misnomer, because it's actually Day 4 of Operation Bikini. Ah well.

Yesterday was a bit rough for me. Got some bad news, and I was ready to throw in the towel for the day. But every time I do that, cheating for "a day" becomes curtain-time for my diet and exercise program until I gain a bunch of weight and feel the need to take drastic action. So forgive me while I pat myself on the back.

Ok the Janexx-loves-Janexx parade is over. Anywho, I stuck to my guns (for the most part) and had a bomb workout. The only thing I missed was dinner, but meh...I had a glass of milk. That counts, right?

I took a couple hours off work yesterday to go home and get myself together. Then I took a nap. I *never* get to take naps anymore...hee!

Woke up, went to kazaxe feeling super-rested. I danced the hardest I have danced in a long time, thanks to the magical nap and magical Red Bull (I know it's bad for you, but it's sooooooo gooooood lol). Gym Buddy, Zumba Buddy, Running Buddy, and (oh crap, I have to think of another "original" nickname) Other Zumba Buddy were there too.

GB and I then went to the gym. First, we hit the treadmill for 20 minutes. I walked the first five at a 3.0 (which is fast enough for my short legs). Then I ran for 10, increasing the speed every minute from a 4.0 to a 4.9. I wanted to quit so badly every single minute, but I wouldn't let myself.

At the end of those 10 minutes, I realized exactly how out of shape I truly am. But to be fair to myself, I was used to running a consistent 13-14 minute mile, even when I was at my peak. So, by the end, this was reaaaaaally pushing it.

I could barely catch my breath, but my heart rate dropped quickly, which is a good sign (I think). I walked the last 5 minutes, and ended up with a major runner's high when I stepped off the treadmill (yaaaaaay)!!!

After that, we went and did the Stairmaster. We were originally going to do it for 20 minutes, but we were both pretty tired by that point, so we cut it down to 10. I had to stay on a level 1 for most of it because I was exhausted. Knowing me, though, I couldn't let it stay at a 1, so I kept cranking it to 3, and finally 5. However, I kept having to take breaks because I was exhausted.

Gym Buddy did awesome, as always, and stayed at a level 9. It's good to work out with other people, because it pushes you way harder than you push yourself. If GB wasn't there, I don't think I would have gone to the gym at all yesterday. If I did, I would have avoided the Stairmaster like the plague. That contraption freaks me out for some reason.

After the Stairmaster, I did some crunches on this machine at the gym. I like using it, because the next day I'm always sore, but in a good way. After the crunches, we called it a night.

I went home, and could barely pull myself up the steps. Every night after working out, I like to try and soak in the tub because it relaxes my muscles. Last night, I was way too exhausted to sit in a tub for like an hour, so I took a quick shower and laid down. It took me a while to go to sleep, probably because of the nap and the Red Bull, but I'm up now.

Traffic sucked this morning. I left my house extra early to try and get to work on time, because we had something special going on. I sat there for an hour and fifteen minutes, and still arrived about two minutes late. D'oh!!!

Plan for today: for breakfast I had Slim Fast. I was still hungry though, and since it's better to cheat in the morning than later in the day, I got some Salt 'n Vinegar chips and a diet coke from the vending machine. I know, that's horrible, but it is what it is.

For lunch, they have yellow rice at work, so I'll have some of that. They give you kid-sized portions, so I'll also go get a veggie delight from Subway.

After work, I'm going to Zumba. It's so convenient that it's at like 5:30 today, because I have to go to class in the evening. If I'm hungry, I'll probably grab a veggie sandwich from the food court at school.

Tomorrow's a cheat day, because it's payday. Hee! Gonna hit up Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, this spot with tight veggie burgers for lunch, and Olive Garden or TGI Friday's for dinner. When I cheat, I REALLY cheat XD

No comments:

Post a Comment