Tuesday, April 20, 2010

30 Day Challenge

Yesterday, I went to the track and did my mile. I still have a lot of congestion in my lungs left over from being sick, so I couldn't breathe very well. I started out very strong, but then had to slow way down. Still, I was able to get a personal record on the mile. If I can maintain that pace, I'll be running a 5K in under 40 minutes. My next race is on May 16, and I'm very nervous. I'm not a big fan of racing, but it gives me a goal to work towards.

After running, I went to Kazaxe (what I mistakenly used to call Zumba). It was great, as usual. I'm starting to know the people really well over there. I may not know their names, but I have nicknames for everyone who I don't know lol. For example, there is Screaming Man, Girl with Nice Hair, Dude with Nice Thighs, etc. Lol I can stick with Kazaxe because it's as much a social event as it is a workout. I have about 6 or 7 friends who are there on any given day. I like to socialize lol.

Today, I've decided to put myself on a 30 day challenge. Given my month off due to illness and injury, I've gotten very accustomed to slacking off, watching TV, sleeping, and eating junk. It's hard to create good habits, but very easy to adopt bad ones. Surprisingly, my weight has remained pretty stable during this time, as I'm hovering around 190, give or take three pounds. Last week I was under by 1.5. This week, I'm +1. It's like a see-saw.

Well, anyway, I'm ready to break the plateau. I took a picture of myself in my pajamas today. My PJs consist of a skin-tight shirt and my old high school gym shorts. Here is Exhibit A.


It's not horrible, but it's not very pretty either lol. Mind you, this picture is without any support (read: bra). So meh...it's whatever.

Anyway, I've decided to try and stick to dieting and exercising for a full month, and see what changes. I'm hoping by this time next month to be somewhere around 180.

Today, I have my Weight Watchers microwavable meals for lunch and dinner. I'll get a little bit of school lunch, too, because I can cram it into my daily points. I'm going to walk two miles maybe around 10 am. I'm alternating the running and the walking so that I can save my knees, but still put some miles on my shoes.

By the way, I took this picture twenty minutes later, after I got dressed for work.



It's amazing how clothes and a bra will hide all the jigglies lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment