Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy to gain?

Today, I see that I've gained 2.5 pounds since last week, but that's not a big deal. I would have expected to gain more. When you go from practically not eating, to eating regularly, it's inevitable. Stupid strep.

When I hopped on the scale today, I was very surprised, because I felt bloated all weekend. I went out of town for a gig, and sampled all the regional food. Combine this with not working out, and bam...instant weight gain. That's why I'm very happy with just 2.5 pounds of damage. That's easy to take off.

Yesterday, at Zumba (or, as I have been corrected, "Kazaxe"), there was the monthly fundraiser with two hours of dancing. After an entire month of not working out (2 weeks because of knee issues, 2 weeks because of strep), I was dreading it, but I knew I had to do it to get back into the groove. It was so much fun!

Today, I'm going to take it easy...sorta (I go hard! lol). I'm just gonna do one mile on the track, which will be like 12 minutes or so. Then, an hour of Powerflex class, because my muscles are crappy right now. Then, an hour of Kazaxe. Now that I wrote it, that is a lot...two hours and twelve minutes...but it really doesn't feel like it. If you've been following the blog, you know that I was up to five miles before my injury (or, as I should say, causing my injury). So, one mile isn't so bad. Kazaxe is hard work, but it's playtime for me, since my homies are doing it with me. We have fun. Powerflex is also not so bad. I just hate the squats and lunges. Other than that, it's cool...I'll just take some weight off the bar today.

I think I'm going to try and start doing the track five days a week, but I'll alternate between running and walking. Tomorrow, I plan to walk two miles. Wednesday, I'll run 3.1. Thursday, I'll walk two. Friday, I run one. That's a pretty good plan, I think. I'll get in a 5K at least once a week that way.

I need to get more serious about the Weight Watchers plan. I usually do very well the first three or four days, then I end up winging it and doing whatever I want during the weekend. Bad, bad, bad Janexx.

Today's weight: 191
Total pounds down: 33
To 165: 26
To 139: 52
This week's goal: Break the damn plateau!

No comments:

Post a Comment