Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's up with the dream jeans???

Something isn't adding up.

I bought my current dream jeans in February. They're a size 12. Right now, I'm (barely) wearing a size 14. It depends on the cut. Some fit like a glove, one pair I've had to shelve because it's hanging off my rear like the 16s were. I'm down to my last two pairs of wearable jeans. It's time to transition to the dream jeans, right?

Wrong. I still cannot get them up my thighs. This is insane. It took me like three weeks to get from a 14 to a 16. Why is it taking me almost three months to get into a 12? I know I've plateaued, but not that much!!!

When I put this status on Facebook, a friend explained to me how this could have happened. To paraphrase her, some jeans are for people with chicken legs and big behinds. I am the opposite. I have thunder thighs and no behind lol.

Plus, when I read the tag today, I learned these are low-rise skinny jeans. No wonder! Now I don't feel quite as bad.

To remedy the situation, I plan to go to Old Navy and buy a size 12. Maybe they'll be dream jeans, maybe I'll already be able to fit into them. I'll have to try them on and see. If I'm already in a 12, I'll also buy a 10 as something to shoot for.

Today is Day 7 of my 30-day challenge. I don't see much change in the pictures, but maybe I will if I put them side by side. I do feel the difference. The one on the left is Day 1, the one on the right is from today. Check it out:







I'm about to go out and walk my two miles before I do my homework. Later, double Kazaxe. Cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment