Friday, April 23, 2010

Duuuude, where's my gut?

Woke up this morning, and noticed more body parts missing lol, namely, most of my gut! How this happened, I don't know...maybe it has been gone for a while, and I just caught on. It's funny, because I haven't quite wrapped my mind around the weight loss thus far. I've weighed well over 200 pounds for most of my life, and it doesn't seem to be real that I'm below that line.

I honestly don't know how I got to this point. It feels like time has flown by since I got on this fitness kick. I remember putting in work at the track. I remember all the Powerflex classes. I remember going to Kazaxe religiously. I remember the cleanses, the Slim Fast, everything. But when I look back, all that work seems so...easy. It was fun! I honestly think that's what made the difference this time.

Like I said, I've been self-conscious about my weight since I was three years old. It's not that anyone made me this way...it just happened. I've heard horror stories from my friends about how they were overweight as children, and had to worry about dieting early in life. It was never like that with me. As a kid, I was what I'd call "borderline heavy." I've always had a lot of muscle mass (I started lifting weights in the garage with my parents and older brother when I was 3 or 4), so the scale has never been reflective of what I look like.

I hit 100 pounds when I was 9 years old. I was also about five feet tall, so that wasn't much of an issue, but I was definitely on the thicker side. I blew up at 13...yadda yadda yadda...if you want the full version then go back and look at the introduction.

I just forgot my point. Oh yeah. I've been on the bigger side since I was a kid, so it's weird for me to not be as big. I'd say that now, I'm back to being "borderline heavy." I was here ten years ago, but it only lasted a month. Really, I haven't been consistently borderline heavy since I was maybe 12, 16 years ago. Wow, that made me feel really old just now.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be under 190 on Monday. This dieting/exercising thing must be becoming a way of life, because now it doesn't even feel like hard work. (This post is probably really redundant, because I walked away to get lunch, then came back...I'm too lazy to re-read everything I wrote lol.)

Anyway, I walked my two miles today. Tomorrow will be interesting. Powerflex, double Kazaxe, and maybe running a mile to make up for missing Wednesday. I might just push the mile to Sunday, since it's a day with absolutely no working out anyway. Meh, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment