Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Discipline and Feasibility

The title refers to two things I've been lacking as of late. Last year, when I lost 40 pounds, I had built a realistic plan for myself: one that was possible to follow, and that I followed religiously. Hence, I succeeded.

Lately, I'll admit, I have been both being too hard on myself and too lazy. I create these crazy expectations, like "I can't eat anything I like for two weeks." Then, I don't want to do it, so I don't. This gets me nowhere.

Today, I've decided to go back to what has worked so well for me in the past: the "Lose It!" iPhone app, which tracks your calories. I've taken off the setting to subtract an additional 150 calories from what it tells me I can eat to lose two pounds a week, because that type of behavior is what has screwed my metabolism to begin with.

Another step I've taken is to allow myself to get on the scale every day. Some people say weigh yourself only once a week. Some say don't weigh yourself at all. It's different strokes for different folks. I'm the type of person who, if she doesn't hold herself accountable daily, will think she can slack and will have infinite time to make up for her laziness. So I need that daily threat of having to weigh in first thing the next morning. That keeps me on track.

In other words...stop taking other peoples' word as gospel, and do what works for me :)

So, that's pretty much what it is. In other news, I was a little sick yesterday. I had a bit of a cold, brought on dramatic temperature changes. I was feeling pretty horrible last night, and didn't get a chance to work out as I wanted to. So, I pulled out all the stops and am happy to say that I'm now cold-free this morning (for the most part). How did I do it? So glad you asked :)

Janexx's Cold Remedy

1. Airborne (this crap you dissolve in water that makes you feel better for like 30 minutes. Then you end up feeling like crap again).
2. Vitamin B
3. Vitamin C
4. Bee Pollen (this stuff for allergies)
5. Nyquil
6. Melatonin (to help you sleep)

Man, that stuff worked like a charm :)

Tonight, if I still feel as well as I do now, I'm going to kaza and then the gym. I'll be sure to factor that into my calorie requirements for the day. If I decide to be "all-or-nothing" and try not to factor it in, this will screw my metabolism even more. So ok. I'll eat the extra 600 or so calories today, then burn them off tonight. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment