Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Kid is Back (again)

People always say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." What I need to learn is, "if it ain't broke, don't tweak it!!!!"

If you recall, yesterday, I went back to what had helped me lose 40 pounds in the first place, the Lose It! app on my iPhone. I don't know why I ever stopped using Lose It!. Maybe I was bored with the monotony of always counting calories, but probably I was doing what I always do...being impatient and looking for the newest, quickest new fad to losing weight, which would end up not working.

Anyway, I decided to give it a try again last night. I tracked my calories and workouts to a T, and was (pretty much) honest. I went over my calorie requirements by like 200 calories, but I still lost an incredible TWO POUNDS from yesterday to today. Wowzers.

So this is where I will stay. According to the app, I will reach my goal of 139 pounds on April 24, 2011. Hopefully so :-D I want to get into my bikini by age 30, and that will be about 4.5 months ahead of schedule. So, technically, if I stick with this plan, I should be good to go.

Ok, so yesterday went pretty well. I had a carby breakfast from 7-11, as I did this morning. I pigged out at work on cafeteria food (yum yum), and by that time I only had like 200 calories left. But come 6 pm, I was starving, so I figured I'd grab some grub from Subway. I didn't get a pizza like I wanted to...instead I got a veggie delight on honey oat bread with some cheese, and some cookies and a diet coke.

Later on, I went to Kazaxe with Gym Buddy. Zumba Buddy and Other Zumba Buddy did this Brazillian butt lift class that everybody's threatening me with for next week lol. Anyway, I gave Kazaxe all I had, figuring that I'd make up for those cookies. Usually at kaza, I go all out at first, then take breaks here and there to catch my breath. But yesterday, I was like screw it! Let's go! I didn't break at all during class, and pushed through the pain. By the end, I was spent, but wanted to pump some iron, so G.B. and I went to the gym.

(Sidebar: I've been drinking Red Bull to give me more energy. I know, that's not good for you. But it's been working! Yesterday, I decided to try the low-carb Monster drink when we went to the gym for a pick-me-up. Didn't work.)

When we got to the gym, we worked upper body and abs. Then I came home, took some vitamins to get rid of the lingering sore throat, showered, and went to sleep.

This morning, my sore throat is gone. I'm kinda sleepy, but that's ok. Since I have to go to class tonight, I can only do about half an hour of Zumba. But I figured that into my Lose It! app, and after breakfast, I still have 1105 calories that I can have.

Ok that's it for me today. TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment