Monday, October 18, 2010

Success!

YES!!!! YES YES YES!!! This weekend, I was able to achieve something I have not seen any other weekend for a very long time: a weight loss :) :) :) I am happy to report that I have achieved my goal of maintaining/losing weight, and have lost 2.2 pounds over the course of the weekend. This is particularly remarkable because I had, uh, what my dad calls "something that the whole world shouldn't know," but I'm sure you can figure it out, given the facts that I'm a 29 year old woman. Usually, during these, uh, times, women (especially me) have the tendency to pack on the pounds due to water retention, bloating, etc. But not THIS month! How did I do it? Glad you asked :)

I did kinda sacrifice my social life, but that was more due to pain than martyrdom. I did go out on Thursday night for some karaoke. However, this time I was smart. My usual tendency is to try not to eat too late, but then go out, grab a cocktail or two, then order some greasy, nasty food to go along with it. This time, I made sure to eat beforehand, and stuck to a nice white zinfandel.

Friday, I went to a Zumba party (also good for my diet). However, afterwards, I had cramps, so I went home and went to sleep.

Saturday, I worked. Also good for my diet.

Yesterday, went to Megaxe (two hour kazaxe), and got there late, but still did one hour. Then, I went to Zumba with my buddy (it was her first time...she did awesome)! As much as I tried, I couldn't replace all the calories I burned.

Today, I'm working, then giving a presentation for work, then going to the gym. Hopefully I can continue the weight loss trend. Wish me luck :) TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment