Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Magic Pills

After careful reflection, I've decided not to do the Jillian Michaels cleanse for several reasons. Although the product apparently did what it said, I'm going to try to make a conscious effort to lose weight the way I have been doing, through diet and exercise.

I've been searching for a magic pill my entire life. I've tried all the fads, and have spent several thousands of dollars trying to lose weight. I've rarely found anything that was effective, and if anything was, the results were only temporary.

This time is different. This is the time I'm really going to get down to where I need to be. Although a magic pill (that seemingly works) may take me there quickly, what happens when I stop taking it? The same thing. I'll gain all the weight back and then some, faster than I took it off in the first place.

I'm so tired of yo-yoing. When I get down to where I want to be, there will be no going back up to where I came from. To do so would be physically and psychologically devastating. So I'll stick with what I'm doing. Hopefully it will continue to pay off.

This is not to say that I'll never do a cleanse again. I think cleanses are great. I'm planning on doing Dr. Ian's cleanse from April-June, but that's different. Raw foods for the first nine days, then adding in protein, then starches, etc., etc., etc. This way is safer. It's hard work, but it will pay off. It is not a quick fix. Having to work hard for something makes me less likely to go back to old habits once I'm done. If success is handed to me, then I won't appreciate it as much. So for March, I'm gonna stick with counting calories, and then in April, Dr. Ian's cleanse it is.

I should throw away the bottle of magic pills, but I'm not ready to do so yet. I'll do it when I'm 100% confident. Right now, I'm honestly reluctant in stopping the Jillian Michaels pills, since my weight seems to be steadily rising after the first cleanse, despite my hardcore workouts. But I know if I'm patient, my weight will start coming back off. Throwing away the bottle is the right thing to do.

Biggest Loser comes back tonight. Woooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME. I'm proud of you. There isn't any magic pill or easy solution. What pays off is being good to your body for the sake of your health, being consistant - and allowing an occasional splurge! Life would be boring without splurges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl...you are so right. Life WOULD be boring without splurges lol. My next one is Saturday. Wooooooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete