Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daylight Savings Sucks!!!!

I hate Daylight Savings Time.

Yesterday, I was bad. Horribly bad. Everything was going well at first in terms of diet and exercise. That is, until I realized that this entire week, I'd been tracking my points wrong. I had listed Zumba under salsa dancing, when it should have been listed under hip hop dancing. After an internet search, I learned that Zumba burns 9.5 points an hour, instead of 2.5, as I had originally thought. When I corrected my mistake, I was left with 50 extra points. This was both a blessing and a curse. I went buckwild.

First was lunch at Red Lobster. Instead of getting a salad and one piece of cheesy bread like I had planned, I got an order of mozzarella sticks, two pieces of cheesy bread, and a baked potato. It was good, but the mozzarella sticks alone ate up the 19 points I had burned from double Zumba.

Next was the first party. I was being so good, logging my points, drinking my diet drinks, and not eating too much of the delicious mozzarella sticks, mac and cheese, and cornbread. It was difficult, but I made it through.

Around 12, my best friend and I left for my cousin's birthday party. This is where the trouble began.

When we got there, the party was jumping. My family is not originally from the US, and at a typical party of our culture, there is always BOMB food!!! Since I rarely get to eat it, I kept going back for more and more. There was rice, more mac and cheese, and fried okra. Then there was cake. At this point, I reverted to typical bad behavior, and swore I'd restart Weight Watchers on Monday.

I was going to stay at my best friend's house for the night, but I was wide awake. I got in around 5 am with the stupid Daylight Savings. I ate some toaster strudel and a hot pocket and went to sleep around 6.

My stupid alarm woke me up at 9. It was time for spinning. Hooray. I tried to go back to sleep, but I felt so guilty about the pigging out the night before, especially when I logged everything I ate and found that it was over 100 points. I was going to skip spinning until I cheated and got on the scale. You won't believe what I saw...

I'm gonna keep you in suspense. Scroll down.


Further.


A little more.


Almost there.


Ok here goes...

I wasn't supposed to get on the scale until tomorrow. Now I wish I hadn't.

When I got on that freaking scale, my jaw dropped when I realized that I lost five pounds in six days, even after yesterday's pigging out. What the bleep? THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!

I wish I hadn't gotten on the scale, so that I would have had the wonderful surprise when I was supposed to. Oh well, six days off the scale is still a major accomplishment for me. Anyway, I decided to challenge myself, to see if I can get into the 180s by tomorrow. If not, no biggie. But this challenge was enough to inspire me to get my sleepy booty into spinning class and work my hardest.

In about an hour and forty five minutes, I'm going to go and try yoga with one of my buddies. I hope there aren't too many "Down Dog" poses, since my wrist sucks. Tomorrow, my work twin is letting me borrow her P90X DVDs. That should be fun >:(
I'll let you all know how it goes. I WANNA GET RIPPED! Speaking of that, Powerflex is the bomb. I'm really starting to shape up, especially in the legs and derrière region :-D

See you guys tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I also have the P90X dvd's and have been thinking about starting them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting tomorrow. We should be P90X buddies! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just found your blog so I've been reading for about a week. I'm counting Weight Watchers Points (I lost 50 pounds via Weight Watchers 6 years ago), but weighing in at Take Off Pounds Sensibly. I also go to Overeaters Anonymous meetings...they really help since I'm addicted to fast food.

    I was just going to suggest that maybe you not keep the toaster strudel and hot pockets in the house.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and welcome! Congrats on your success. Thanks for the advice. You're probably right lol.

    ReplyDelete