Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feel the Burn!

Today, I'm feeling the burn! When I woke up, I felt like I got hit by a Mack truck, but in a good way. Yesterday, I ran four miles, then did double Zumba. When I got home, my inner thigh was hurting, but I put a heat pack on it, and this morning, I'm good as new.

I'm so happy. I feel my body getting toned. Last night after dancing, my legs were like steel! They're not quite so hard this morning, but they're still extremely firm.

Right now, I can tell that I've lost some of the weight I've gained back. I'm happier not getting on the scale in the mornings, because usually the scale ends up ruining my day before it starts. My next weigh-in is Monday, which I'm loving/dreading at the same time.

Here's my detailed review of yesterday's progress:

Eating

Yesterday was a crappy day in terms of diet. After giving a standardized test to the kids at work, I was very hungry, and pigged out on some King Hawaiian rolls left by my coworker. I had four of them, which counted for 8 Weight Watchers points. Then, I had some Girl Scout cookies. I was done with my points for the day by 2 pm.

For dinner, I was still on Carb Monster mode, so I had a Hot Pocket and two toaster strudels, which took away the remainder of my splurge points for the week. D'oh! But then, I realized that I could use my activity points. Muhahaha. This made me feel better about pigging out, so I stopped there (when I ordinarily would have felt very disappointed, carbed it up some more, and skipped my workout to carb it up even more). The Weight Watchers plan seems to be working well to help me break my usual cycle of disappointment. I can probably stick to it.


Running

Boy, am I glad I ate those carbs! Yesterday, I did four miles on the middle school track. It went so much better than Monday! I tuned everyone else out, and kept doing my thing. Even though I went further than Monday, I felt much better, and less tired afterwards.

I had a system, while listening to songs. I'd shuffle along (about 4 mph) during the verses, and speed up (about 5 mph) during the choruses. This worked well for maybe the first two miles, but then I was too tired to speed up effectively. I had an awesome time for the first half (I don't remember what it is off the top of my head), but the last half really sucked.

Sometimes it's hard for me to catch my breath after the runs. It never happens anymore during the runs, only afterwards. I had to take my asthma inhaler, but other than that, the run was good.


Zumba

Ok I'm going to need to wrap this up, because I was supposed to be out of the house four minutes ago.

Zumba yesterday was fun! Two of my friends were there for the first session, my running buddy and this other girl I'll call my Zumba Buddy #1 (ZB1 for short). She's ZB1, because she was there with me doing Zumba for the month when everybody else was either fasting or sick or injured.

So Running Buddy, ZB1, and I were doing Zumba, and it was pretty intense. I gave it pretty much all I had left after the run, thinking that the second class would be light, because I assumed it would be taught by the easiest instructor. (*buzzer*)

Instead, the second Zumba class was taught by the hardest instructor. I love her, because she really challenges us, and she does it with a smile. But I'd be lying if I said that I was happy to see her yesterday. My New Workout Friend (NWF) was there with me, and we had so much fun. I was so exhausted, but managed to get through it, especially after getting my second wind while dancing to a song I like called "Shots."

After Zumba, I went home, showered, and went to bed. I woke up this morning and had breakfast, and blogged, and now I'm running late lol. I'll catch you guys later. Today on the workout schedule is Body Pump, then most likely a dual Zumba, then a little salsa dancing. I'll be home around midnight. TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie... I love your posts. You have defintely motivated me to continue with my weight loss goals and exercise. See you on Saturday (NWF) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much girl! It was great working out with you yesterday. You're motivating me too! See ya soon, NWF! Lol.

    ReplyDelete