Friday, March 5, 2010

The Kid...Will Be Right Back!

Today wasn't such a good day for me on the scales. I gained a pound from yesterday, despite being under my calorie limit and working out. I have no idea what happened. This morning, I "accidentally" left my iPhone at home, with the calorie counting app. I also had a donut for breakfast. This is a bad beginning. Musicow2 gave me the advice not to weigh myself every day. I think I should listen lol. So no weigh-in tomorrow.

I'm also very lethargic. I'm tempted to skip out on my run, but I can't. Once I start missing runs, I fall off the wagon and have to start from scratch. Running is the foundation to my weight loss. So, 4 miles it is. I'm wondering if I should run on my break at 10, to just get it over with, or put my head down at 10 for a few minutes and run around 2:30. Hmmmm. Let me see.

Option 1: Running at 10 am

Pros:
It's early
I can get it over with
There will be less congestion in the bus circle
Less people will be watching me, so I'll be less uncomfortable

Cons:

Too cold
I'm tired
High school kids cutting class will laugh at me
My muscles won't be as warm for the after-school workout group

Option 2: Running at 2:30

Pros:
I may be more awake
High school kids won't be around to laugh at me
It's warmer

Cons

The longer I wait, the more likely I'll blow it off
Congested bus loop
Cars
Co-workers will be looking at me, so I may be embarrassed
People are always trying to talk to me, which throws off my focus

Decision: I'll drink my coffee and Red Bull until 10, and run then.

I'm going to weigh in Sunday, but I'm not expecting a big loss, since I'm not counting calories today and tomorrow. Today, there's an impromptu happy hour at my job, plus a Haiti fundraiser, and maybe salsa dancing. Tomorrow, my co-worker is having a party. Hopefully my 4 miles and working out covers today, and my Powerflex and double Zumba covers me for tomorrow.

Gotta go teach. I'm sure I'll write more later.

Weight: 191
Total weight lost: 33
To 165: 26
To 139: 52
Next weigh-in:
Sunday, bright and early (It's probably not going to be pretty!)

Update: I left my iPhone at home today, so I went to get it, so I could make sure I ran exactly 4 miles. I'm pushing the run to 2:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment