Saturday, March 13, 2010

Watch out, She-Ra!

Yesterday felt so suckish, but today I woke up feeling like the Princess of Power. I did end up sticking to my guns yesterday and resisting the second donut. I also did my four mile run on hills. There's a monster of a hill right outside my door that I wanted to tackle, but it was raining. The last time I ran four miles in the rain, I wound up with a crucial cold that put me out of commission for a few days. It was too risky, so I just went to the gym and went on the treadmill.

While running four miles on a flat track was getting to be easy, the four mile hill course on the treadmill was extremely hard, mentally and physically. The hills made my legs burn. By the time I was done, my shirt was drenched with sweat for the first time ever, and I could barely make it up the stairs. But I felt awesome that I had completed the workout.

Afterwards, I had a reasonable dinner of soup and English muffins, with a Weight Watcher ice cream bar. I went out briefly to check out the venue for my upcoming musical gig, then I came home and crashed.

This morning, I woke up feeling awesome! My body feels so much more toned, although that could be my imagination. But anyway, today on the agenda, I have Powerflex and Zumba coming up. I may do two Zumbas and dip out early from the second one, because I have a meeting with a potential client at 4 to do audio for her singing group. We're meeting up at Red Lobster. Since I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, there's nothing for me to eat there except mozzarella sticks, salad, and cheesy bread. The mozzarella sticks would probably be 10 or 15 points, so I'll be going with a 2 point salad and one or two pieces of cheesy bread at 4 points each.

Later, I have to go to a party. If I'm not careful, today could really mess up my diet. I'll be tracking everything I eat and drink. I was going to bring a bottle of rum for the hostess, and I'll also bring along some diet coke for good measure. I'm not saying I'm going to drink alcohol, but FYI - rum and diet coke is only 1.5 Weight Watchers points. I'll see if I can also bring some chips and salsa to munch on.

Alright, it's 9:53. Time for me to hop in the shower for 11:00 Powerflex. I'll see you guys later :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment