Saturday, February 20, 2010

Meh...Whatever

Just got home from working out. I bought my dream jeans, along with another pair of size 14s, to replace the 16s I've had to send to the great big closet in the sky. I have good news, and meh...whatever-news.

The Good News

Like I said before, this is the first time in ten years (and only the second time in life) that I've been able to squeeze myself into a size 14. Most of the time, it has been literally squeezing. In mid-January, I was happy to wear a size 14, but in the back of my mind, I knew I was a 15, who was seriously testing the limits of denim.

Each time I wore my size 14s, I stretched them out a little, to the point where they started to look decent. I was secretly afraid of going back to the store and buying another pair, in fear that my 14s were cut big, and I'd have to go back to buying the next size up. But after yesterday, when I realized that I had definitely out-shrunk my 16s, I felt confident enough to go buy a new pair.

I bought the 14 petites today and they fit like a glove! I don't have to jump up and down to get them on, like I used to. They easily slide on, and slide off, like jeans are supposed to. So, I can confidently say that I am now a size 14.

The "Meh-Whatever" News

While I was out, I also picked up a pair of dream jeans (size 12). I wasn't expecting to be able to wear them, since they are, of course, dream jeans. But I was kind of hoping, since I could squeeze into a 14, 12.5 pounds ago, that I could squeeze into a 12 now.

I got them 3/4 of the way up, but I have thick thighs and hips, so they didn't make it over all of my "lovely lady lumps." And plus, I seem to be losing most of the weight in my face, from what people tell me, so that doesn't help much either. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get them up someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment